Careers with Pershing’s Own
Check out our current openings, and learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our hiring and audition process.
The U.S. Army Blues
Jazz/Commercial Alto Vocalist
Apply by: January 17
Audition date(s): March 20 - March 21
The U.S. Army Chorus
Soprano and Alto Vocalists
Apply by: January 30
Audition date(s): March 27 - March 28
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The U.S. Army Band’s audition and hiring process values diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The annual starting salary for Staff Sergeant equates to $66, 899 without dependents and $74, 207 with dependents
Full medical and dental coverage
30 days paid vacation annually
The Blended Retirement System allows you to immediately begin contributing to a retirement account, in addition to being eligible for a pension after 20 years of active duty service.
Earn full tuition for higher education through the Post 9/11 GI Bill. Also, tuition assistance is available for continuing education.
Members of “Pershing’s Own” are given the Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) of 42S (forty two sierra), “Special Band Musician”. Personnel are promoted to the rank of Staff Sergeant (E-6) two months after completion of Basic Combat Training.
Permanent duty assignment to Fort Myer, VA, located near the heart of Washington, DC
Learn More About Army Benefits
- The U.S. Army Band’s audition and hiring process values diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- All applicants must currently hold U.S. Citizenship
- Civilian applicants must be 34 years of age or younger at the time of the audition
- All applicants must meet the standard requirements for enlistment in the United States Army
- Vacancies are available to qualified civilians, and military personnel of the grade E-6 and below. Military applicants above the grade of E-6 and/or having more than 10 years time in service must contact the Auditions Coordinator prior to applying to confirm eligibility.